Time – an irrigation system will save you the time of standing there with a hose or dragging a sprinkler around the yard every time the lawns and gardens need watering. A major problem with hand watering is the amount of water wasted from over watering and watering driveways and paths etc.
Ask yourself, how many times have you started watering the garden and then run out of time to do the rest?
Or how many times has the sprinkler been left on in the one spot for hours.
The result is hundreds of litres of water going down the drain. This not only wastes our most important resource, but it also costs you money!
Money – with a fully automated watering system there is no wasted water or ‘money’ from leaving sprinklers on to long or watering driveways or paths. The controller does it all for you and with a rain sensor fitted the whole system runs rain, hail or shine! Once the system is set up and the controller adjusted, you never need to stand there with a hose or dragging the sprinkler around again. While you are out doing the things you’d rather, the whole garden and lawns are being looked after and you’ll save money in the process.
The 3 key areas to irrigation systems are…
- Micro Irrigation – an energy efficient system which is best suited to every garden situation including pergolas, shade houses and vegetables. These include jets, sprays & drippers.
- Pop-Ups – are systems for lawns. These include sprays & rotors.
- Electronic Controllers – for automatic control of both micro and pop-up systems.
We are your Townsville Lawn and Irrigation specialists.
Micro Irrigation Systems – Consider the advantages.
Micro irrigation is a system of pipes, sprays and drippers that, as the name suggests, are smaller in size and output than the more traditional over head sprinklers. Pipes are typically no larger than 25mm in diameter, spray nozzle diameters are around 1mm and flow rates for drippers can be as low as 4 litres per hour. This is in stark contrast to traditional sprinklers that have outputs as high as 1000 litres per hour.
The advantages of Micro Irrigation are:
- You can apply the correct amount of water to the right areas.
- You can avoid wastage as there is no overspray.
- Plants respond better to controlled watering – electronic controllers make it easy to apply the right amount of water for optimum growth.
- Sprinklers do not need to be moved – you will have more time to pursue leisure interests
- Saves you time no hoses to drag around and money by placing precise amounts of water were needed.
- Conserves water by watering during the night with less effect form evaporation.
- Automatic irrigation is an Investment.
- Works while you’re not even there.
- Keeps lawns and plants alive and growing during periods of no rain
- Apply set amounts of water per area
- Automation of system and programed to water for set times and turn of after a set period
- Can be controlled by a weather device to adjust to the current weather conditions
- Convenient and saves time and water and will work while you are away
- More time for leisure
- Looks after you’re investment lawns and gardens
- Adds value to property
- Hassle free watering
Installing an irrigation system